Friday, December 09, 2005

The criminal cycle

I was woken this morning at about 3:15am with Black barking like there's no tomorrow. It would have been no different from any other night when someone walks past the property, however this time Black was also forcing a very low growl in the direction of our gate.
As much as I peered through the curtains I could not see what the reason for his unease was. But, as I peered through the kitchen window, I saw that our little Golf had grown a life of it's own, and was slowly wheeling itself backwards away from the house. I didn't hesitate, and woke up my girlfriend and told her to get the gun, as someone was attempting to steal our car. I switched the lights on and dearest pulled off a shot in the direction of the three fuckers, who were now, get this ; slowly jogging away down the road. I immediately phoned 147 and was put through to our nearest Police station. My girlfriend phoned her father who lives 5k's down the road, and he looked for the fuckers while driving up, but with no luck

It took the cops 25minutes to get there, which is about as far as the police station is. Not bad. They were quite friendly, and had a look around. Weird that they asked me if I had a Maglight though. And here I thought it was standard Police issue. Maybe I watch too many American cop shows, fuck knows. The cop said that they had already passed our house on two occasions that same night, once at about 9pm, when I waved at them and again at about 2am. We had two alternatives; drive the car to the cop station for fingerprinting or wait for the detectives to come from Johannesburg. My girlfriend asked if we could get a courtesy car while they did this, as we needed to get to work. Nice one baby!
The cops made no other attempt to start anything official, and chatted away while I was freezing my balls off in my shorts, so we politely waved our goodbyes, and off they went with the promise to look in on us over the next couple of days. We couldn't find the other two dogs, who had given chase down the road after the three guys. They eventually came back later, very excited and with lots of tail wagging.
So Black was tested and came through with flying colours. And of course I have to thank my girlfriend, who didn't hesitate to act when the shit hit the fan. Good on ya girl!
You guys can learn from her. Don't hesitate to hit back when you're a victim of crime. Let the fuckers know you mean business, and won't be fucked with.

And to all my "Buddies" who didn't get my hint that I want to go to the Poison Rally, and to send me money, enjoy the rally, hope you lot get so fuck drunk and loose all your fuckin money."Fuckers" ..........no seriously, have a good one.

No comments: