Monday, April 10, 2006

It's Black and White again.

After many years riding for my favourite Motorcycle Club, I handed my colours in on Friday.

This was not as easy to do as I thought, and it took me almost a year of contemplation to take the final step. Our club has been in a bit of a rut lately and it would seem that no-one was prepared to step up to the plate and get things going again. The club has slowly digressed into more of a social club, and it was many a month past that any of us had ridden together. There were many reasons for this, but I’m not here to judge or accuse.

During my years riding for the club, I was part as well as creator of many memorable moments. We had some hairy moments with other clubs, but for the most part I feel comfortable with the fact that I met some amazing people and made friends with people I would ride through sleet or snow. I will continue to do this.

I met some great ladies, and I met some downright scary females. I had more fights than I can remember. Some I’m not too proud of, and others I’d fight again. - Simply on principal.

I was a scavenger by name and method, and since leaving those days behind have met many more scavengers whom were not as gentlemanly as I tried to be. Those were lean years, but I pushed through and came up smiling.

I’ve left many people behind who were not prepared to lift themselves up from their disparity, and who will continue to live their lives on the fringes of underground society, stuffing their noses with powder and stealing to maintain that hopeless and degenerative lifestyle. Good luck with that!

As a biker I’ve never sold myself as knowing better, or taken the higher ground on moral issues. I had equal disdain for idiots in biking as I had for the idiots in mainstream life. Some of those idiots were willing to listen, and although I made no impact on their lives, I thank them for taking the time out to listen.

Just as in life, it is not all bikers that are bad; it’s just the bad in some bikers. And I can vouch for that.


To my brothers;

Thanks for raising the tolerance level to accommodate me.


Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, thanks. I put ya up in mine. I also read this post, that's a drag you left your club, or better said, felt the need to. It sounded like they meant a lot to you. There are many turns on the highway of life. :-)