Monday, July 03, 2006

My fortune for peace and quiet.

It seems that just as I slide into happydom, something always comes along to fuck my day up, right and royally.

It’s pretty much a fuck up from day one, when you’re just not interested in people and all you want is to be left alone and do as you please. Wake up early, switch on ‘NFS-Most wanted’, and while away a few hours, pissing off cops, as you race around in a Lamborghini or Aston Martin trying to get to the top of the “blacklist”.

It’s never going to happen. People have different agendas, and no matter how much you try to appease everyone, there’s always a missing happy-chromosome somewhere, and my sweaty palms soon turn to dried up frustration. The house fills with other beings and I give up.

Maybe if I fix some things around the house, I’ll be rewarded with some free-time to do some work on my computer, but fixing the bed leads to fixing the bathroom door to fixing the timing on the car to being too damn irritable to change the channel on the TV because my free-wheeling brother ‘tells’ me to, and I fold back into the black velvety folds of my safety zone, for a minute or two before the screaming starts again.

From that which is mine, I get no pleasure anymore.

Take it all; just give me back the peace and quiet that is me.

No comments: