Monday, July 10, 2006

World Cup Final

At first I thought I would support France to win the World Cup Final, as I was very impressed with their improvement over the course of the Cup.

But within minutes of hearing that France were the favourites to take the coveted Gold Trophy, I changed my mind and decided to support the underdogs, as is my nature.

It was a brilliant final and with Italy levelling the score, I knew it was going to be a cracker. Not even Zidane’s head butt-episode marred a thrilling Kick-off to Penalty-kick final.

What A twit Zidane must have felt like anyway. Either, a Not-Too-Pleasant comment was made of his Algerian Background, or mention was made of his mother making a killing in the red-light district.

I couldn’t care less if you had bad-mouthed my mother, I would have had a one on one with you, after the match.

It’s not the first time either. Back in Oct. 2000 he head butted Jochen Kientz in a Juventus vs. Hamburg, UEFA champions league match. Also remember the stomping of a Saudi Arabian in the ’98 World Cup finals.

Not to worry. He’s sure to apologise, if he hasn’t already, and be forgiven by his millions of adoring fans. That is the way the soccer-cookie crumbles. Marradona’s fans still blame everything but the man, when it comes to his wrongdoings. Why should Zidane’s fans be any different?

No comments: