Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bullet the blue sky

Sometime back I was sitting in my office in the early morning, catching up on my e-mail and having a cup of coffee, when I heard gunshots fired outside my office window. Just as I was about to stand up to have a look, a bullet comes smashing through the window and flies through the ceiling. I almost shat myself. The bullet could have bounced off the wall, and God knows gone where.
Then yesterday afternoon I'm waiting for the gate to open at work, and suddenly all Hell breaks loose on the street. Three armed men come running down the street firing shots over their shoulders at two security guards giving chase. I'm still watching in fascination, when I hear a loud ping and a whistle as a bullet glances of the front gate and flies past my open window. A second later, another ping as a bullet hits the fence to my right. I instinctively dive down behind the dashboard.
As I slowly look up I'm just in time to see one of the men stumble as a bullet from the security guard hits him in the upper leg. The other two scramble up the embankment of the highway and I hear the screeching of tyres as they run blindly across the three lanes. Two private vehicles stop and the occupants (also armed) join the chase. I leave work and make my way home under the passway, and about to turn right when one of the armed men races across the road, about twenty metres in front of me. Deciding I've had enough, I put foot and race away from the scene.
They say third time lucky?

1 comment:

Catherine Rossetti said...

Don't even joke about that 3rd time lucky shite..

Maybe it's time you started looking for a job in a safer part of town. Sounds hectic!

Please take care CSI buddy.