Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Photographic Inspiration #1

Josef Koudelka

Copyright - Magnum Photos

Of the thousands of photos I have taken over the last six months, nothing comes close to the emotion the Great Photographers were able to capture, from the simplest of Abstracts, to their incredible talent of making the photo tell a story. Josef Koudelka is one of my photographic heroes.

I continue to study and learn from the best, and only occasionally do I get it right.

Here's a few of my Koudelka favourites:





2 comments:

Catherine Rossetti said...

I can see why he is one of your photographic heroes. These are lovely Chi.

# 1 is striking. Different. But.. of the 6, #2 is my favourite... couldn't tell you why.

Each one of the photos you selected tells a story. Each one feels different from the others.

Thanks so much for the introduction. I read his bio.. will definitely look out for his books.

:)

CR

Warrior Dog said...

Hi Catherine,

#2 is a favourite for me too. The forlorn look of the old man also gets me.