Monday, January 05, 2009

Black again..

My bed an empty canvas, an untouched sheet of emptiness
I love the aura your soul leaves behind when you leave.

Now all I tasted and breathed has left.

I know you gave me all that you had,
and now my bitter hands shake from your absence.

All the pictures have been washed in black, tattooed in shades of dark grey.
In my dream I walk outside, I'm surrounded by your kids that play.
I can feel their laughter, and still I fear.
These picket-fence thoughts that spin round my head...

How quick the sun can drop away...
And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
of what was everything?

All the pictures had been washed in black, I covered everything.
All the love gone bad, turned my world to black.
Black is all that I see, all that I am, all I'll ever be

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, maybe you'll be a star
in somebody else's sky..

This time.. I don't mind.

No comments: