Thursday, August 11, 2005

Daar's n hond in die bos

The cobwebs have started to loosen up, and some memories have started to surface.

Oppikoppi dellivered in every aspect that I could have anticipated, and more. I've been trying to twist my buddies arms for the last year, and been trying to go myself for at least the last ten years.
Right up to the Wednesday before, I thought I was gonna be fucked over by some conniving, spitefull son of a bitch force, that was gonna forsake me another visit to the bos, to experience Oppikoppi. Friday was by far the longest day of the Year. Fuck what the Astrologist told you. Of all the days of the Year, I had absolutely no fuckin work to do, and sat twidling my thumbs, and annoying my buddies on the phone and e-mail. Well anyway, we finally got on the road and headed north. By the time we stopped for our first piss, 20 kays from home, the trip was already to long. The traffic was fucked up and we decided to slow down to an 80kay average and fuck the rest. By the time we passed Brits, cars were flying past us hooting. We finally got to the spot and unpacked all our shit. Of course neither one of my buddies paid heed to the warning, not to bring takkies or flops, so they sommer kakked from the moment they got out of the car. Jumping around like loonatics trying to find a spot without thorns. We had a cool spot right between the two main gates to the stages. And almost immediately met the first, of only 4 idiots I met the whole weekend. This doos was bumming smokes and beer from us already, and it was only Friday for fuck sakes! One of only a few things that pissed me off over the weekend. The other being the cun...s, we saw stealing stuff out of peoples tents, when they were away. Right, enough moaning.
Man, were there women! I've still got a stiff ...uh neck from all the hotties walking around. There's only so many moments as cool as women walking around, looking cool, and flirting just enough to be sexy. I don't know from wherever they come from, but they've got it down to a fine art. If this is the talent we have in South Africa, I say fuck the rest, with interest.
We finally sorted the camp, and took a trap up to the stages. It was amazingly difficult over the weekend to catch all the bands, but from what I heard, there's some good talent in SA. Now this is probably where you guys and girls send a virus to my site, but I can't say I was to impressed with Fokof... Afrikaans Nirvana, blah fuckin blah. They're cool for the chicks, and apart from one song I enjoyed, it just seemed they are to obsessed with self-promotion. Most people I spoke to were dissapointed with Karen Zoid. Well, I wasn't. I enjoyed her music, and if this is what marriage did for her, I say fuckin A. Her previous stunts were over the top. She's got the talent and doesn't have to prove anything. Sipho Hotstix also had my feet tapping, and I finally started to relax after the nightmare trip there.
Okay, got some work to do. I'll give you hooligans some more news later.

No comments: