Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Real Surfing.. Foaming waves, getting wet and stuff.



On Saturday when I came into the office, my internet connection was down. After trying whatever I could internally, I realised the problem was bigger than I could handle, and left it at that. On Monday our technical guy said that he needed to get hold of the 'People', because he couldn't find the problem either. So eventually the 'People' rock up on Wednesday and start testing. After much ohh and aahing they finally realise that the Hub is blown and needs to be replaced. We happen to have a spare one, and I wait for my local area connection to flash on, while I work away. After about an hour, still fuckin nothing. So I hop over to the next office and ask if they're connected. Yes, they are, but the boss has disconnected my cable, as I do not need the internet for work. Just fuckin lovely. Thanks for telling me fuckhead. At first I wasn't too bothered. I can always use someone elses pc should I need to check or send mail. I could also upload my articles to my blog, from another pc or do it from an Internet Cafe over the weekend. But, then I asked myself that question again.. Why?
We have an unlimited 'cap' on our server. So money or space is not the problem. I check my mail in the mornings before work( 6:30am. to 7:45am). I don't have time during the day to surf, so I'm mostly on the Internet on my breaks. So if he thought it interfered with my work, he was wrong. I don't download that much, but that's a space issue, which again is not a problem. So why, Boss? Is it because you're just a grumpy old fuck and you want to piss me off? Is it because I work my fuckin butt off for shit pay, and you wanna give me more grief? Or heaven's forgive me, I just don't need it for work.

I haven't been to the coast for a really long time, so I think I'm gonna put in some over-time (A lot) which I don't need, get myself a longboard and head down to Durban for a weekend. In fact, I think I'll do it this December, seeing as the work has really piled up, and with deadlines looming before we close for Christmas Season, it will be just dandy.

Ahh yes, that will do just fine thank you.

Fully dudes!

No comments: