Friday, February 08, 2008

My father the photographer - Part I

My sister finally got her hands on my dad's photographs. She found 2 or 3 boxes full of negatives of photos taken since my father first lay his hands on a camera. The quality is still good even though they're scanned from very old negs. The two photos below were taken in front of my grandfather's Dairy, The Royal Dairy, in Jules street, Malvern. Circa 1963(two years before I was born)
Man on Bicycle

Man Smoking

My father painstakingly marked and dated each and every negative over his entire life. The photos tell a wonderful story.

4 comments:

CAREFREE said...

Hi Chi

I'm sure your father would have been very proud of what you have achieved with YOUR photography.

Warrior Dog said...

Thank You B, nice of you to say.

Unknown said...

Your dad was a remarkable photographer. I LOVE these. Reminds me a little bit of BD's photos.

Thanks for sharing.

Warrior Dog said...

Thank you Belinda. All these were taken while he was still finding his feet, so to speak. As time went by his photos became an extension of his personality, and one can actually tell what kind off a mood he was in when he took the photo(if you knew him of course).