Monday, September 29, 2008

Bush Camp

B has left a big hole in my weekend activities after she flew to New Zealand last Monday. After sulking for at least ten minutes on Saturday, I decided on a whim to go camping in the mountains behind our town.

I grabbed a few things and left home at about 3 in the afternoon. After finding a nice spot on the leeward side of Perdeberg(Horse Montain). I made camp and started gathering wood and stones I'd need for the night.

I spent most of the night staring at the stars counting satelites and enjoying the night sounds. It was very relaxing. That was until the early morning hours when the wind shifted and cold weather moved in from the east. I froze my butt off, but it was still worth every minute!

I only took my tents top cover, covered the bike and made my bed underneath the motor.



No comments: