Friday, March 10, 2006

From the parallel universe..

Another comment about a comment
I was going to answer in the comment section, but this has always bugged me.

Piscante wrote a comment under my article -A comment about comments.
"Very good opinion. For once I agree with you, enjoyed your post, and didn't cringe at all the swearing.
Very well done. Hope to have some more of the quality stuff."

Okay. First of all, thank you for your comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

However, I have to say that I find your comment pretty condescending. Very well done? You forgot to stick a golden star on my forehead.

I needed to make a point, without a swear word creating an alternate reason for someone to bitch about.

I do swear and I do use so-called profanity in my writings. Somehow -I'm really cross-, doesn't quite cut it like -I'm fuckin pissed off-.

I will continue to use "profanity" in my articles where I feel the need, without feeling compelled to withold it because I might offend someone.
Unless you live in a cave or wear earplugs, I really find it difficult to believe you still cringe at foul language.

Some language is only considered profane, because certain members of society find it a moral necessity to shelter us from the realities of life. To close your ears or eyes to reality is naive. Hiding under a mantle of religious contentment is Phantasmal, and merely weakens you and your offspring's chances of making it to the next centuary.

Life is the drug, Religion is placebo for the ignorant.

Thank you for giving me the vessel to get that out. It's been bugging me for a while.

4 comments:

Warrior Dog said...

Thanks. Read your blog some time back. Good going! Give them hell.

TeeBee said...

Duh! If the words didn't offend, they wouldn't be fucking swear words, would they?
;-)

Pop said...

Is swearing really the issue or is it just the easiest way to paint the emotion you want to paint. The words you choose to express your thoughts are important. If they aren't why bother. Use whatever words you choose to use. Maybe people aren't judging your "soul" perhaps they're just questioning your vocabulary? I read you alot. This is my first comment. Keep on keeping on!

Warrior Dog said...

To: J.Hatch

That's it in a nutshell. It's all about creating an emotion, and occasionally swear words just do the job so well.