Monday, March 06, 2006

'Rocking' at the Lido

I was driving home on Friday when I saw a banner that advertised a Rock Concert at the Lido Hotel. As luck would have it, it was the kid's weekend with dad, so I asked B if maybe we could get out for a bit of alone time. I told my friends about the concert, and with nothing else on over the weekend, all agreed to meet us there.

I should have been suspicious when I got to the entrance and saw the 'kiddie' parade hanging around. But, with my luck always takng a back seat, we paid and entered. My brain should have heeded the second warning, that was the teenagers screaming their rehearsal grunge on the stage, but I put it down to the band members' kids fooling around.

So by the time the first 'band' came on stage I was perplexed, to say the least. The strumming and drumming was pretty okay, until the kid opened her mouth and screamed for the next 20 minutes, trying to raise Hell itself, I'm sure. B could see by the look on my face that I was not happy, and it's normally at a time like that, which she immediately starts placating me, as I desperately search the crowd for a authoritive figure(organiser). B mentioned that it might just be a 'guest' band. You know, giving the kids a gap to get some airtime of sorts. I chilled and sat away from the band to wait for the second group to start their stint.

It was no better. In fact I've never in my entire life heard such crap, and I used to be doorman at a Goth club. The music was actually quite good at the start of each new song. But, just as I started tapping my feet, the fuckers would open their mouths and cause me to spill my beer. Time and Time again. So when our friends rocked up(he, he), we thought it better to piss off somewhere else.

We ended up at the local driving range(yeah as in Golf), where we could have our own Rock concert via the Jukebox. That was, until the Rugby started, for fuck sakes. We all waved our goodbyes and ended up at home on a Saturday night.

Whomever on earth, told those kids they were playing rock, needs to get a serious wack on the head from yours truly.


You can never predict having a good time. Even at 'Rock' concerts

No comments: