Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Three birthday free

During my hard times I allowed myself three birthday's a year. My 'birthdays' were moments during the year where I might have felt sorry for myself, pissed off with something or just felt like drinking myself to death.

I take break from the usual, and visit pubs in my area with only a packet of cigarettes, and enough money for one beer. I almost always got totalled.

Now, during my actual birthday, I like to remember who my friends were and those who weren't worth shit.

On the day of my last 'birthday', July 10th 2003(My father's birthday. Bless his beautiful soul), I had been unemployed for two years. I ended up getting slaughter-drunk and woke up on a carpet in a strange house. I was covered with a blanket had a pillow by my side, and what looked like a bowl of half finished soup. A woman walked in, and greeted me by name. She was huge! I remember quietly feeling if I still had my clothes on. Thank God I did.

Anyhow, If she were ever to read this article, I just want to thank her for not having sex with me. I would also like to thank her for putting up with me for another 4 months, while I found my feet, got over being miserable and went out to find work.

Like to buy you a bowl of soup sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so. did you end up having sex with her after all? during the four months she put with you, that is? or is this way too personal a question.

Warrior Dog said...

Dear Allison,

No, unlike Guy's penchant for gravity-challenged women, I couldn't get excited enough to have sex with her. Nor did I want to anyways.
Thanks for asking