Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Spreading the plague

It was a chilling loss of comfort the day when, after a certain chain of events had unfolded, I realized the Town I live in was fucked up. The people, morality, ethics, and the simple act of conversation had dissolved into mindless banter or derogatory statements.

Now that I’m aware, I see and hear it every day. I see people dying alone, and I hear people deceiving each other for the smallest of gains.

There are no alliances or sinister organizations where the ‘collective’ is paramount, as the conspiracy theorists like to make us believe. We as humans have digressed into a self-absorbed and useless fuckin species. The fuckers that walk among us, seeking out conflict, in however large or small quantities, and then disolve into the crevasses from which they crept. Gleeful smiles on their faces.

The fuckers, that swindle, cheat and lie, without the merest thought of love, compassion or tenderness. The group that hurt, without feeling or soul, the very thing that soothes any sane person. Nature.

I need to get the fuck out of here, and meet up with some decent folk again. If there are any left out there.

The scariest thing of all, is that the very fuckers that plague my neighbourhood with their self-centered attitudes, are the same people moving away from the city to go and spread the plague to our smaller towns.

Need to find another planet we do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is how I wake up in the morning and go to sleep at night. Not everyday. Sometimes I get to the first intersection out my gate and it hits me again.
Like aimless ants biting each other's heads off for an ultimate answer we have forgotten the fucking question to.