Friday, June 06, 2008

Higher

This weekend will be the make or break for me, as far as my photographic aspirations are concerned.The framed photos will arrive at the restaurant today while I am at work, and be up on the walls by the time I get home this afternoon.

I've already had offers from 2 people to do themed photos for their homes. On top of that, the marketing guy has forwarded some of my best work to his previous employer; one of the biggest publishers in the country: Struik. I'm dumbfounded at how things have unfolded over the last couple of weeks. Maybe my dreams of becoming a proffesional photographer like my dad is no longer out of my reach.
Don't worry I'll keep my day-job for now.


The builders were franticly busy last night adding the finishing touches to the Tudor style restaurant.







The opening night is on Saturday with over 200 people attending. I am going to be nervous as hell.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:) this is A make or break moment, not THE.. there will be others. Don't think you're going to need them though :) this is good. Lot's of hard work, a little bit of luck. All the ingredients for magic.

Take a deep breath, pretend like you do that type of thing every day :)

Will be thinking of you. Good luck!

And Chi, thanks for the soul food, looking forward to it.

Break a leg! (figuratively!)

:) B

Slayer said...

Well done Bro. I'm proud of you.

Warrior Dog said...

Thank you Belinda.

..and you are welcome.

Warrior Dog said...

Thank you Slayer.