Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Luna's Litter


Here they are! Luna has succesfully given birth to eight beautiful little puppies. Okay, okay it was a while ago, but I was very busy with the restaurant and didn't get to it till now. Anyway, this photo was taken on Sunday as they enjoyed the little bit of warmth the winter's day afforded.


On the day they were born I found two of the puppies away from the den and almost dying. I managed to get their body temperatures up and returned them to Luna where she welcomed them and has managed to raise all of them without loss.


I was surprised how well she coped since this is her first litter, but she has lost a lot of weight and I hope she will be back to her bounceful self soon enough.


The runt named 'Tiger' is the one I'm choosing to keep. The rest already have homes ready for them once they are big enough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!

9 puppies.

9!

Imagine giving birth to NINE children...

Well done Luna love! Tiger's beautiful. Well, his rump is ;)

Warrior Dog said...

Hi there,
Tiger is quite cute. I'll post a decent pic later.